Arden finds what he was looking for, but it comes with a price. He returns to a cold welcome.
- 📖 There was a chance, that the missing ship would be somewhere around here. They might have ventured to close to the black hole and tried to lighten themselves by ejecting the cargo into the void. Arden could definitely feel a pull from the gravitation, even at a safe distance. It was worth checking out more.
🎲 Explore a Waypoint: 9(5+3+1) vs 4/3 (Strong Hit)
- 📖 He did not find the missing ship in his scans, that would have been too lucky, but there were traces. Traces of drift travel lingering around longer than usual. They showed him a potential path the ship might have taken. For now he hauled in one of the containers, as much as he could hold in his cargo bay and recording the position of the other.
- 📖 The traces were faint but there, almost frozen in time. Time stretched by the immense gravity. Arden plotted the course and engaged the engine. He wasn't so sure about a thing in a long time.
🎲 Undertake an Expedition (+wits): 9(6+3) vs 1/8 (Strong Hit)
- 📖 The ship had seen better days. Various blast marks and destroyed parts of the hull painted the picture. It was attacked and did not make it. The containers were probably ejected so that they did not fall in the pirates hand. Arden did scan for survivors, but it would probably be a slim chance.
🎲 Oracle (Small Chance): Are there survivors? No (99)
- 📖 As Arden suspected, there were no live signs detectable. It did not necessarily mean that hey were killed during the attack, but could also been taken prisoner. Although he wasn't sure which fate would have been worse. With these disturbing thoughts Arden plotted a course back to Greenridge.
🎲 Set a Course: 6(2+4) vs 5/1 (Strong Hit)
- 📖 It was almost like he was expected. Arden was greeted kindly as he landed once again on Greenridge and unloaded the cargo container. Soon after he was lead to the local authority, or at least what presented itself as such. He shared the coordinates and gave a warning, was thanked and then sent on his way again.
🎲 Fullfill Vow (Find the missing ship): 8 vs 2/5 (Strong Hit)
- 📖 It all felt rushed and cold and Arden had a feeling that there might be something that he was missing. It was almost as they didn't expect him to return. That he was sent on a fool's errand. It was time to move on.