Arden finds something at an unusual place.
- 📖 Arden left the station behind in search for the missing shipment. He now had confirmation that there were pirates active in the sector. Not that he needed more confirmation as he already had the pleasure of meeting one in person. He still had a lot of ground to cover.
🎲 Undertake an Expedition (+wits): 7(4+3) vs 9/10 (Miss)
- 📖 The journey through the drift took longer than expected. Not that it was unusual for stretches of travel to be long, but Arden expected just a short jump to the next exit. Subspace seemed to wind and twist itself to prolong his stay. Almost as if something wanted to keep him there.
🎲 Pay the Price: You are delayed or put at a disadvantage (90)
- 📖 Arden wouldn't even know why something wanted to keep him busy, away from his vow. He didn't even know how close he was to finding the missing ship or where to actually go. He just knew to push forward, maybe even making up time lost, if that was even the case.
🎲 Undertake an Expedition (+wits): 5(2+3) vs 2/6; Burn Momentum (Strong Hit)
- 📖 There was nothing more terryfing, dangerous and at the same time beatiful than a black hole. Arden was taken aback every time he encountered one. This time was no different. Space-Time was twisting and warping everything around it, giving form to something, that had no form. Light bend in such ways that things hidden became visible.
- 📖 Maybe it was the gravitational influence that diluted time while he was in subspace. He got redirected from his path to here. Arden had a feeling that there is more to this place. He started to scan. Maybe there were signs of the missing ship.
🎲 Secure an Advantage (+wits): 8(4+3+1) vs 4/4 (Strong Hit with a Match)
- 📖 Indeed there was a glimpse of something in the scanners. Arden had to repeat it. A short bleep indicated an object a bit outside the event horizon of the black hole. But as fast as it occurred it vanished again from the screen. Many would have ticked it off as a simple glitch, but Arden felt there was more to it.
🎲 Spaceborne Opportunity: Cache of cargo or supplies (10)
- 📖 Arden guided his ship carefully to the anomalous signal. He had to take care not steering to close to the black hole or become forever trapped inside of it. Two cargo container were floating solemnly in the void, waiting to be discovered by anyone. They bore no sign of damage.