Arden finds himself in a completely different part of the sector, with his pursuers closeby.
- 📖 As the alarms stopped complaining, mostly due to the fact, Arden ignored and disabled them, he found himself alone in another wide stretch of open space. Lucky for him there was no sign of the other ships. But his was badly hurt and if they were able to find him, they could do so again.
- 📖 He could escape once again, once the main engine was ready. But what would it change. Arden needed to find whatever was enabling the Coalition to track him. If there was anything.
🎲 Gather Information (+wits): 4(1+3) vs 2/10 (Weak Hit)
- 📖 Arden found a minimal energy flow to the engines, that he could not understand, as it never reached it according to the engine's diagnostics. So little, it might get overlooked easily and considered just a bad reading or fluctuations. But if you looked for it, then it became clear to Arden that this was the reason he could be followed.
- 📖 A small box had been installed into the engine controller, no doubt transferring navigational data and status of the engine to whomever was listening. It would be a simple enough operation to disconnect the device. But in doing so Arden would need to shutdown the engine completely to cut the power. More time to catch up. He had to decide.
🎲 Ask the Oracle 50/50 (Disconnect the device): 97 (No)
- 📖 Arden choose that it would be best to find civilization. They might get spooked and not attack if there are witnesses or he could hide in the masses. So his goal was to find a settlement. He was still in the same sector according to his systems. So he might just try to get back to Greenridge. Although it would be bad to go there empty handed.
🎲 Undertake an Expedition (+wits): 6(3+3) vs 10/3 (Weak Hit)
- 📖 Straining the engine in such quick succession didn't it any good. It showed evidence of the sudden blast and voyage through the drift that brought him here. But the situation did not only take toll on the ship but also on Arden himself. Pandora could feel his growing nervousness and paranoia. At a moments notice a ship could appear and end his journey.
🎲 Suffer: -1 spirit; -1 integrity (ship)
- 📖 For the moment he was alone, except for the asteroid that was determined to cross his path. But it was easily avoided. A small course correction with his sublight engines would do. It was odd though, the projected trajectory did not follow a natural pattern. There was no known star at the calculated position it should be orbiting around. Arden wondered, as the small planetoid made its way across before his ship, if he himself was travelling aimlessly, without a known path.