A daring prison break is underway. Arden and Cole race to the Cerelis Nine, but what may await them there?
- 📖 They almost reached the end of the hallway, when a guard turned the corner and looked them straight in the eyes. Arden had to act quickly, when the element of surprise was on their side. Any noise from him, would alert others and their goal would fall out of reach.
🎲 Face Danger (+edge): 7(5+2) vs 5/10 (Weak Hit)
- 📖 As he feared, the guard didn't go down quietly. While flailing around as Arden grabbed his gun and tried to subdue him, he shouted loudly for help, before he got knocked out by a punch from Cole. The element of surprise was over. No longer could they hide in the shadows. So they began to run as fast as they could.
🎲 Face Danger (+edge): 3(1+2) vs 3/2 (Burn Momentum; Strong Hit)
- 📖 The entrance of the prison was wide open. A big piece of the heavy metal door missing and a cavity right next to it, exposing the cold ice of the glacier underneath. Small fires kept the guards busy as Arden and Cole approached the scene. The mysterium of the explosion has been solved. A lone guard, probably alarmed by the cries before stood between them and the exit.
🎲 Face Danger (+iron): 3(2+1) vs 10/10 (Miss with a Match)
- 📖 Arden tackled the guard with full force. Both of them toppled to the hard, cold floor. In the sudden impact Arden hit his head and for a brief moment his vision blurred. The adrenaline pumping in his blood stimulated him to work through the pain and get himself up. A hand hoisted him up from the floor.
"Let's go", Cole shouted as the other guards, now aware of their escape, reached for their guns.
🎲 -1 health; Conclude (Escape Prison): 9 vs 10/8 (Weak Hit)
- 📖 The narrow alleys were filled with people that immediately parted ways as they heard the gunfire from the guards. It allowed Arden and Cole to pass more or less unhindered through the crowd but left them open all the same. A stray bullet caught Arden in his arm and opened an old wound. Now his head and arm were throbbing with pain. From the corner of his eye he could see another figure leacing the crowd and step into the street. Starting to shoot back at the guards.
- 📖 With Karthik covering them, Arden and Cole would pass through the crowd, always followed by the sound of gunshots. New sounds replaced old ones. Who was friend or foe would become indistinguishable.
They reached the Cerelis Nine a few minutes later. Pristine as the day Arden left it and got arrested. It was flanked by two muscular men, the Arbitrator's henchmen. They let them pass into the ship and then drew their guns onto the approaching guards.
- 📖 Pandora, curled up on the pilots seat, extended her head as Cole and Arden stormed into the cockpit. She let out a hiss at Arden, complaining about the long absence, then hopped off the seat. Arden hastily started up the engine. The Cerelis took off as soon as the outer door closed. He could still hear the soft impact of bullets on the outer hull.