Arden gets a short visit from an old companion. But the visit leaves more open questions.
- 📖 "Did the Arbitrator send you?", Arden asked as soon as the guard left.
"You're lucky then, that I'm restrained."
"Don't threaten the messenger. I'm just here to tell you, that all is going as planned and when the opportunity presents itself, to get to the ship and leave."
"I've heard that before and the reason I came back. He did something to my ship."
"Well I don't know about that. I said what I had to. Guards!"
- 📖 As quickly as he has been escorted to the meeting room, he was guided back to his cell. Cole saw the perplexity resting on Ardens face.
"Interesting meeting I suspect?"
"You could say..." and then Arden recounted the words said to him.
- 📖 Days did go by. Or so Arden thought. He lost his sense of time a while back and stopped counting how many times the food arrived. The days were monotonous and boring, thoughts almost drifting into madness.
Until an explosion woke Arden.
- 📖 The other inmates grew uneasy as well. Nobody seems to have an idea from where the noise came from. Arden remembered the words that Karthik told him. Could this be the opportunity? He checked the cell door. It was still locked. What did he expect. Then he heard the familiar footsteps of a guard.
- 📖 The metallic door was opened just slightly. "The Arbitrator sends his regards. Good Luck.", an unknown voice whispered, before heavy footsteps withdrew from the cell. Arden and Cole looked at each other, before grabbing the door and exiting through it.
🎲 Scene Challenge (Troublesome): Escape Prison
- 📖 Arden was indecisive on what to do next. He made it out of his cell, but he had only a vague recollection on where the exit would be. And then he wouldn't even know how to get out. He hoped that the explosion he heard might be part of the plan. He looked around, helped by Cole's anxious eyes, to find the best path.
🎲 Secure an Advantage (+wits): 8(5+3) vs 2/6 (Strong Hit)
- 📖 Arden stared down the dark, empty hallway. The air was cold, maybe even colder than in his cell. Maybe it was a cold shiver as he and Cole slowly made their way to the end of the corridor, keeping as much as possible in the shadows.
🎲 Face Danger (+shadow): 5(2+2+1) vs 9/4 (Weak Hit)