It seems that Ardens' luck improved. This week is shaped by revelations about the derelict ship and its possible history.
- 📖 If indeed the ceiling had collapsed, then there must be a passage from an upper floor to the room. So his next plan would be to find some way to access the floor above. With a new goal in mind Arden backed out of the room.
🎲 Undertake an Expedition (+wits): 5(2+3) vs 6/2 (Weak Hit)
🎲 Oracle (Derelict Zone): 82 (Operations)
🎲 Oracle (Derelict Zone: Operations): 45 (Computer core)
- 📖 Stairs lead up to the next floor. Some more rubble and broken beams hung from the ceiling. Parts of wall and floor strewn atop the stairs. Arden had to clear the way first. Even though the parts were practically weightless in space, they still had mass. Arden had to put some force into it, to move them.
He breathed heavily as he removed the last piece that stood in his way. The space suit might have given him better protection but impeded his moveability. Every move took considerable effort.
🎲 Endure Harm: -1 health (Physical Exertion)
- 📖 In the middle of the room was a large pillar, containing several black box-shaped containers connected with wires. Accurately stacked on top of each other, not leaving any gap in between and creating a flat exterior.
Around it, shaped in an octagonal pattern, were terminals, each connected with a thick wire to the main pillar. Miraculously it looked mostly intact despite the condition of the rest of the room. Arden scanned the systems. Anxious seconds later, the scan returned another faint energy reading.
- 📖 Arden followed the energy reading to one of the consoles. He looked around and pushed some buttons. The terminal suddenly came alive, flickered a bit and then presented him with a initial system diagnostic. Shortly after with the main menu for ship controls.
🎲 Explore a Waypoint: 9(6+3) vs 1/7 (Strong Hit), Find an opportunity
- 📖 Arden scoured the system for information, particularly a map. Most of the data has been corrupted over the years. Bits lost or flipped as the power dwindled. Parts of the ships' logs pointed to the ship being here since at least Y239. That would make it almost 200 years old.
- 📖 The ship was called Trithia Six. Before it was drifting broken in space, it was classified as a transport vessel. Records were incoherent and scarce about what exactly was transported, which lead Arden to belive it might not have been entirely legal. The logs weren't clear enough for Arden to decipher.
Lastly he found a map. Although only partial, as most of it was corrupted, it was still usable. His first goal was to find an alternate route to the collapsed engine room
🎲 Undertake an Expedition (+wits): 7(4+3) vs 6/5 (Strong Hit)
🎲 Oracle (Derelict Zone): 68 (Operations)
🎲 Oracle (Derelict Zone - Operations): 37 (Comms Center)
- 📖 The room adjacent to the computer core, was similarly fitted. Stacks of electronics were lined against the walls, although they were more battered. In regular intervals there was another console in front of these electronics stacks. In front of these laid remnants of what looked to be chairs.
It occured to Arden that, apart from the sleeping pods, he did not find any other remains of people that operated on this ship. It must have been abandoned before it became stranded in space, or so Arden thought.
He pressed on.
🎲 Undertake an Expedition (+wits): 9(6+3) vs 7/3 (Strong Hit)
So here we are again. Some checks later and we have again 8 progress on the bar. Let's hope luck stays with us and we don't have to face the beast again (I probably jinxed it now).
I've also updated the campaign guide to include some clarifications about the naming scheme to identify sectors and stuff. I'll probably also update the sector map with the Trithia Six sometime.